Are you feeling tired, not recovering the way you used to or just don’t have the energy to do all you want to do? Consider an energy boosting nutrient called vitamin B-12.
Vitamin B-12 has long been known for its health benefits. It is a water soluble vitamin that is found in highest levels in meat, fish, milk and fortified processed foods. People who are vegetarian/vegan most likely do not get an adequate amount if they are not eating animal products. Even those consuming nutritional yeast do not give their bodies enough B-12. The problem with recommending patients to consume more of these B-12 containing foods is that these animal proteins and processed foods, with the exception of fish, are the ones that we want to decrease since they lead to increased inflammation, increased cholesterol and worsening of asthma and allergies.
B-12 supplementation is available via oral tablets, sublingual drops and injections. Oral supplementation of vitamin B-12 does not absorb very well overall and oral absorption decreases in most everyone as we age. Sublingual drops are better than oral tablets but the best way to know that you are getting the B-12 you need is to take it via injection. Talk to your LaVida Medspa medical practitioner about a good dosing schedule – typically once a week.
Signs of B-12 deficiency can include fatigue, weakness, sore tongue, nerve pains, insomnia, depression, canker sores, easy bruising, numbness and tingling in hands or feet and memory problems. B-12 deficiency has also been linked to migraine headaches and menstrual irregularities.
- Recent research has shown that higher levels of Vitamin B-12 protect against brain changes that happen with aging.People with higher B-12 levels, even those without actual deficiency showed less age related decline like dementia and alzheimer’s disease.
- B-12 is involved in the process that converts food into energy, this is why it gives people an energy boost. Without it, the food we eat is not able to be processed as efficiently for energy production leading to fatigue and even weight gain.
- B-12 also has an important role in forming new red blood cells and can cause an anemia if deficient. Anemia can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate and weakness.
- B-12 protects against heart disease by reducing homocystine levels. Elevated levels of homocysteine increase cardiovascular risk by increasing atherosclerosis and hardened arteries.
- B-12 is a very important part of the covering of our nervous system, the myelin sheath. Having coverings helps our neurological system to work better which improves mood, memory, reaction time and just makes us feel better!
An injection to help with Weight Loss, Shaping & Toning of the body!
- The formula contains a combination of Methionine, Inositol, Choline and B12.
- The Lipotropic Injection can be used in conjunction with many different diet plans to aid in losing weight or weight loss programs.
- The nutrients in lipotropic shots are a class of agents that play important roles in the body’s use of fat.
- These compounds enhance liver and gallbladder’s role by decreasing fat deposits and speeding up metabolism of fat and its removal.
Dosing Protocol for Lipotropic Injections is 2ml once a week.
How much weight will my patient lose a week?
The average weight loss is 2 pounds a week.
If I am really over weight, can I still take the injection?
Yes, anyone wanting to lose weight can take this injection.
Do I need a separate B-12 shot?
No, there is enough B-12 in the injection.
Should I stop taking the injection once my goal is met?
No, it is best to go on a maintenance plan of every other week.
How often should I receive the injection?
Once a week, preferably the same day each week.
What is the dosage amount?
Why does the injection have to be given in the Hip?
The injection is an Intra-Muscular injection that is time released in the body.
What diet plan should I follow with the injection?
None, just be sensible at meal time and snacks.
What kind of exercise should I do?
Walking or Jogging, several times a week is good enough. No need special exercise routine is required.